Job Requisition ID: 231
We are looking for current/former leaders in education who are available year-round for part-time flexible work located in California, including Orange County.┬ This part-time, contract position is seeking individuals who have experience in:
- Secondary Math
- English Language Arts
- English Language Development
- World Languages
The Regional Consultant provides premier customer service, professional learning, in-person support and coaching to teachers and leaders using Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) programs.
The Regional Consultant will work in partnership with the aligned Manager of Professional Services.
Primary Accountabilities: ┬
- Ensure deep program knowledge
- Provide best practice quality implementation training and professional learning for HMH programs for teachers, coaches and leaders
- Provide reports following each professional learning session
- Provide individual and team coaching to teachers using HMH programs to ensure fidelity, support instruction, differentiation, and strengthen results
- Share best instructional practices for HMH programs
- Model regular use of assessment and report data to individualize and differentiate instruction
- Make recommendations for further program or service needs based on coaching visits
- Facilitate goal setting with teachers during each visit
- Provide coaching reports following each visit
- Identify sales opportunities and leads for additional products and services from existing customers
- Use service reporting as an opportunity to sell services
- Ensure program and service up-sell strategies are integrated into service delivery
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Thorough knowledge of educational pedagogy
- Basic knowledge of performance data, statistics
- Basic understanding of technology-based products
- Excellent training, facilitating and presentation skills
- Customer focused ethics
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year college degree, MasterÔ€™s degree preferred
- Education background and teaching experience
- Experience in working with educators and presenting to adults
- Thorough knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word
- Must be available year-round for during the day, varying hours assignments with some overnights possible
- Extensive travel required
This is a home-based role with varying hours, based in California, including Orange County.
This is a part-time opportunity, billed through a third party vendor.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.