together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title:BH Case Manager I/II/III
Location:Any Anthem office (CA preferred).Candidates have to be located within driving distance from an Anthem office.
Work schedule:8 hour shift between 8:00am - 6:00pm of the appropriate time zone.
Please note: The BH Case Mgr (CM) job progression is primarily member facing and involves complete clinical assessment. Whereas the BH Care Manager (UM) job progression is primarily a provider facing role although it does involve some member facing activities such as collecting information and using clinical knowledge and expertise to ensure our members are directed to the appropriate level of care.
Responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs. Subject matter expert in targeted clinical areas of expertise such as Eating Disorders (ED), Maternity, Alcohol / Drug, Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), etc. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Responds to more complex cases and account specific requests.
Uses appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops specific care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed. Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care. Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers. Serves as a resource to other BH Case Mgrs. Participates in cross-functional teams, projects and initiatives.
Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, nursing or a related behavioral health field;
1. 3- 4 years of clinical experience in social work, counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
2. Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW, LMHC, LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws), LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required.
3. Previous experience in case management and telephonic coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders.
4. Managed care experience required.
5. Experience with Autism Spectrum Disorder is highly preferred.
6. LBA (as allowed by applicable state laws) is preferred.
7. For Government business only, LAPC, LAMFT, LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws) is also acceptable in addition to other licensure referenced above; and any other state or federal requirements that may apply. Experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques preferred.
May be hired as a Behavioral Health Case Manager l,ll or lll depending upon level of education, skills, and relevant experience.
/ Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America?s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran. /
Title: BH Case Manager I,ll,lll - LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LMHC, RN - Any Anthem Office (CA Preferred) - 123009
Requisition ID: 123009 d2a51e30c7484fee8ff594f3e365fa86
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more active role in helping people access the right health care and programs, going by a name that people know and trust is important.
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurer and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions and meaningfully advance affordability and better health outcomes for our health plan members. Nearly 69 million people are served by our affiliated companies including more than 37 million enrolled in our family of health plans.
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem's affiliated plans.
- We offer a broad range of medical and specialty products.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to help drive the future of health care.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our co