Why work for the leading organization in health care to help improve the lives of millions? You'll find that this is no small opportunity on our Health Care Economics team. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world.
As the Health Care Economics Analyst, you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. Along with your team, you will identify potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. You will help heal the health care system as you work with an elite team to solve tough challenges. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Provide claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of underwriting, Actuarial and utilization analyses
Identify potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies
Create and update automated processes
Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
Produce and review reports specific to risk adjustments for various markets
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of SAS experience (Base SAS, Macros, Proc SQL, SAS EG)
- 1+ years of experience with relational databases (SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, DB2)
- Intermediate level of MS Excel including pivot tables, calculated fields, vlookups, macros / VBA
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing data analytics
- Beginner level of experience with UNIX or LINUX systems
- Ability to work with large, unstructured data
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: data analytics, SAS, Macros, Proc SQL, SAS EG, SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, DB2. Cypress, Orange, Santa Ana, Anaheim, CA, California