Optum is a health services business, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. We serve people throughout the entire health system. This allows us to bring a uniquely broad, yet experienced, perspective. We have the ability and scale to help our clients both envision and implement new approaches that drive meaningful, enduring and positive change. Beyond just a company and a brand, Optum is a unique and valuable collection of people, capabilities, competencies, technologies, perspectives and partners. Our team enjoys conversation-changing, life-changing, world-changing opportunities throughout their careers. Join us and see what it?s like to do your life's best work.(sm)
As the Health Care Economics Consultant, you will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will lead a team in identifying potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Looking for the right person with advanced MS Excel skills (can develop pivot table, use VLOOKUP, etc.). Also, the candidate should have experience working with large sets of data using SAS. Strong preference for this position to be located in our Santa Ana CA offices, although we may also consider stellar candidates in other locations (possible telecommuting).
- Interpret and analyze claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of Risk Adjustment activities
- Participate in projects to completion by contributing to data base creation and reports
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Working with healthcare data (member, provider, claims, pharmacy, labs)
- Supporting other business units with reporting and data
- Building the infrastructure, processes, algorithms, and reports
- 3+ years of experience performing significant data analysis and report development
- 3+ years of knowledge and experience in SAS programming
- Intermediate level of programming knowledge (reporting code) and of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and / or inaccurate data
- Bachelor?s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, MIS, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with SQL (or other statistical programs)
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, and evaluation of business processes
- 1+ years of health care experience working with claims data and medical codes
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, data analysis, economics, consultant, SAS, SQL, Santa Ana, Irvine, Los Angeles, CA, California