Job Title: Stationary Equipment Technician
Division: 3885: Anaheim TS/MRF
Location: 06009: Anaheim-1131 N Blue Gum St
Position Type: Full-Time
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
The Mechanic (Stationary Technician) performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial electrical systems 480V, , balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
• Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnositc software, technical manuals and expertise.
• Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial electrical systems 480V, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
• Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings, using mechanic's hand tools.
• Replaces conveyor belts, electrical motors, hydraulic cylinders and other mechanical parts.
• Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize future repairs.
• Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
• Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
• May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on rolling stock (forklift, skid steers, trailers and front loaders).
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Valid drivers license.
• Mechanical or trade school certificate.
• PLC troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical and electrical aptitude.'
• Prior expereince in a manufacturing environment.
• Prior experience working with conveyors.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair or trade school certfication.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• During employment, a technician will complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14 million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers.
Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices; community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve customers and preserve the planet.