- Manage activities of the mechanic shop to ensure vehicles are repaired and all work is performed in a timely manner and according to established quality standards and customer or account requirements.
- Purchase equipment, materials and supplies for the mechanic shop and oversee maintenance and protection of shop equipment.
- Provide and maintain safe work environment by explaining, monitoring and enforcing required Auction safety procedures and complying with OSHA requirements.
- Supervise the completion of work order forms to ensure accurate vehicle records. Approve and forward bills and invoices to accounting department for timely billing.
- Work with Reconditioning & other shop managers and staff to provide quality product to customers and resolve potential problems.
- Maintain and develop mechanic shop staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities.
- Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 ? 5 years mechanic and/or vehicle repair experience required.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Competent management and excellent organizational skills required.
- Good computer and software knowledge.
- Valid Driver?s License and good driving record required. Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- ASE certification preferred
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment:Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.