This position is responsible for clinic contracting, reconciling clinic billing problems and provide support to Business Office as needed. This position is also responsible for assisting with front desk reception coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible clinic contracting
- Implement, negotiate and maintain contracts with clinic vendors
- Reconcile clinic billing problems
- Form solutions to fix the problems
- Approve clinic bills as needed.
- Process Medical Surveillance charges.
- Assist with front desk reception coverage
- Answer main telephone.
- Route calls to appropriate individuals.
- Take messages when needed.
- Greet vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors.
- Intake injury calls and email information to nurses.
- Perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as identified by supervisor for the efficient operation of WorkCare.
- Must have high school degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years working in accounting required
- 3 years’ of clinic contracting experience preferred
- Knowledge of contracting terms and conditions
- High level of analytical ability with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to address issues assertively while maintaining a non-threatening posture
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to follow-up in a timely manner to quickly resolve issues
As an integrated health provider, WorkCare is at the forefront of helping employers meet the challenges of managing today’s workforce. WorkCare is owned by a physician who, along with a team of allied credentialed health professionals, provide strategic and tactical consulting services and programs to:
- Improve workforce productivity
- Enhance employee health
- Maintain regulatory compliance
- Mitigate health-cost drivers
- Advocate positive health behaviors
We encourage employee growth and professional development and believe in the value of life-long learning. Employee input into our business is valued as we believe that everyone has a unique role to play.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Business Office Representative / Clinic Contracting Specialist to join our team in Anaheim, CA.
About the Company:
As the nation’s largest physician-owned and managed occupational health care company, WorkCare has provided occupational healthcare services to some of the world’s most prominent organizations since 1984.
At WorkCare, we believe health care that harmonizes with your company’s environment and business objective is better care. Our clients benefit from an extensive selection of wellness resources suitable to their individual needs with more than 2,500 clinic providers nationwide and a growing international clinic provider network. Through our comprehensive medical services, we maximize the health and safety of more than 500,000 workers per year on a worldwide basis. Our board-certified occupational health physicians are passionate about delivering our mission to improve employee health, productivity and safety through physician managed consulting services, technology-based information systems and customer-focused business models. From preventative programs to primary care, medical surveillance and health management, we have created a standard of excellence that improves quality of life, generates cost-effective care and improves the health care of the workforce.