At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 900+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our love of eyes and higher standard of quality have made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 30 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you‚€™ll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you‚€™ll be helping people look and see their best.
The Retail Manager creates exceptional value in the lives of patients and customers by delivering Signature Customer Experiences. Ensures customers are always delighted by performing the key steps of our service model. Builds and secures a supportive working environment which encourages innovation and commitment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at root causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
- Provides effective on-the-job training and guidance to team members making use of Company provided programs and tools.
- Delivers clear, motivating and constructive feedback in a timely manner to all associates. Confronts problem performers directly and without delay; initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and follows up to monitor progress.
- Completes formal 90 day, mid-year, and annual meaningful conversations along with monthly documented coaching for all associates.
- Analyzes store financial data and makes recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented on the retail side of the business to improve profitability.
- Strives to achieve "Exceptional Results‚€ on LensCrafters‚€™ annual CEI/Functional Skills that align with brand priorities.
- Recruits and selects high caliber staff; always on the lookout for promising individuals and establishes relationships with them.
- Forecasts staffing needs accurately based on available information and assigns associates through the use of labor scheduling. Quickly adjusts staffing levels up or down to meet unexpected increases or decreases in store traffic.
- Interviews candidates to keep a bench of possible replacement candidates.
- Performs administrative duties to include input of payroll and SPIFFS into the point of sale system on a weekly basis.
- Completes new hire and associate change paperwork in a timely manner.
- Completes and files in a timely manner all necessary store and customer paperwork being thorough and exact in detail.
- Accurately operates the point of sale cashier terminal, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, discounts, insurance, coupons, returns and refunds.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided Event Guides.
- Maintains safe working environment for all associates, customers and patients.
- Leads by example in demonstrating safe work practices including the wearing of personal protection equipment in the lab.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2+ years‚€™ management/supervisory experience
- Knowledge of current optical theory and merchandise
- Strong communicator and listener
- Strong basic math skills
- Sales skills
- Problem solving ability
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Organization skills
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- State licensure (if applicable) and/or ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- LensCrafters Final Inspector Certification
- LensCrafters Quality, Fitting and Adjusting Program
- Previous experience in customer service and retail
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Luxottica HR Solutions Group at 1-866-431-8484.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.