City:¬ ¬ Anaheim
State:¬ ¬ California
Postal/Zip Code:¬ 92806
Meadow Burke, a division of Oldcastle, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
Job Description Summary
The individual in this role is responsible for answering product inquiries, taking customer orders, coordinating delivery with Dispatch, and coordinating with internal company departments and vendors in a fast-paced office. Customers include distributors, developers, contractors, and installers. This position is often combined with customer service initiatives and providing support to Outside Sales Representatives as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive customer phone calls; provide support to customers (via telephone, fax and mail) for price quotations, product availability, customer orders, material returns, billing corrections, product information, order changes, and cancellations
- Provide information about products and generate price quotations and generate sales orders in a timely manner
- Refer to product catalogs and specification guides to determine related product uses and applications
- Provide support to outside sales force
- Review job plans and bidding documents for quotes and developing project summaries for outside sales personnel
- Investigate and research all customer inquiries and concerns and follow-up promptly with the customer
- Help customers with design ideas/problems; provide customer feedback to management
- Retrieve information for Credit Department when needed
- Follow all safety regulations
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent / Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have experience working in the precast ¬ concrete¬ / concrete industry
- Must have previous sales experience, at least 1 year is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of construction industry is preferred
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Ability to do basic math
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience with multi-line phone system
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Other duties assigned as needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America‚€™s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you‚€™re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
!LinkedIn¬ and¬ WordPress (Career Blog),¬ Pinterest,¬ Google+,¬ Instagram,¬ Twitter,¬ Facebook¬ to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on¬ Talent CommunityJoin our¬
Meadow Burke is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this¬ link.¬
Meadow Burke is part of the¬ Oldcastlecareers‚„Ę¬ network.