Job ID:¬ 96089
Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset. ¬ Allied still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that have¬ made us a true success.
This role is responsible for increasing gross profit by maximizing price through a combination of opportunistic¬ pricing (high end) and standardization (low end) while optimizing market share
Complete Job Description
- Execution of pricing strategy for a designated region¬
- Perform analysis by product and/or product category to assist in establishing proper pricing levels.¬
- Utilize Price Optimization Software where applicable.
- Perform analysis and recommendations for margin enhancements that will generate increased¬
- revenue, profits and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with upper management to increase gross profits without diminishing manager‚€™s¬
- influence in the operation of their business
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as it pertains to sales and margin
- Maintain pricing levels and costs
- Enforcement of pricing controls and policies
- Understanding and following company safety rules to foster and maintain a safe work environment
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 5+ years in a finance oriented position requiring strong data manipulation
- Bachelor‚€™s degree required
- Experience MS Office skills required
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Pricing or marketing background a plus
What Allied Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America‚€™s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! ¬ Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Allied Building Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
¬ EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this¬ link.¬
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers‚„Ę network.