Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing senior Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience, it s a powerful combination. It s the foundation upon which we re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Responsible for assisting clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Provides front and/or back office support.
Greets patients in a friendly, service oriented manner in compliance with CareMore Care Center (CCC) or Medical Group Practice protocols and workflows.
Oversees patient check in by ensuring medical records/charts have been pulled, patient data is current, appropriate paperwork is in order, and charts are reviewed/prepared. Interviews patient, measures vital signs and records reason for visit.
Explains procedures, performs treatments, and administers prescribed medication.
Oversees patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
Schedules and confirms patients appointments.
Reconciles co-payments at the end of each day
- Requires a high school diploma.
- 2 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical Assistant certification or medical assistant diploma from an accredited school of training required.
- Previous experience with an electronic medical records system highly preferred.
- Must be comfortable with venipuncture.
- Must be knowledgeable on medications and have a strong medical vocabulary.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.