Manages all on-site field construction activities associated with the completion of a large project. (Typically a project having 2 to 5 million construction manhours or a total installed cost of $100 to $150 million.) Applies extensive knowledge of various disciplines to be used during construction, as well as the methods and techniques to be utilized for installation. Incumbent is thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all facilities to be erected. In addition to construction supervision, the incumbent is also responsible for field administration, procurement, and field engineering. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
- Directs the overall planning of construction activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Ensures that the services of subcontractors and major construction equipment required by the project will be available at the appropriate time to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Establishes assignments for Construction Superintendents for various work areas of construction operations, monitoring progress and recommending corrective action as necessary.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends promotions and salary actions.
- Manages the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals. Keeps alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
- Prepares periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients, including formal presentations.
- Ensures effective implementation of all Company and client policies and procedures, including labor relations policies.
- Serves as the primary contact with client representatives, subcontractors, and government representatives for construction-related activities. Maintains strong client and community relations.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in construction-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience),
- 20+ years of experience in field construction is required.
- Experience with precast bridge-cast in place bridge construction and bridge retaining wall.
- Experience in the construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred.
Requires extensive knowledge of construction-related processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices. Demonstrated effective managerial capability is also required, as well as strong written and oral communications skills.