Job ID: 93878
Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset. Allied still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that havemade us a true success.
Love the outdoors?
As a Loader/Helper, youll load and unload exterior materials at multiple job sites locally. Enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Strong, energetic, customer-focused individuals who like to be active at work fit in well here!
Who are we?
Allied Building Productsis one of the largest, most successful distributors in the building materials industry. We have over 200 locations, maintain a fleet of over 2,700 vehicles and employ over 3,100 people. As part of the Allied Building Products family, youll be a member of an organization with a history of success that dates back over 60 years.
What will I be doing?
As a full time Loader/Helper, youll ensure smooth, on time delivery of products and materials such as drywall.
- Load and unload exterior materials such as shingles and siding onto/off a truck
- Assist in securing delivery load
- Perform pre and post-delivery product inventory
- Assist in delivering materials on time
- Work in the warehouse
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- If necessary, load and unload at the branch in preparation for delivery at the job site
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working directly with the customer
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, vendors and customers (verbal and written)
- Ability to lift 75+ pounds repeatedly
- Experience working with building materials helpful
- Experience operating a forklift preferred
What Allied Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Allied Building Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers network.