Ready to take your construction experience to the next level to work on complex utilities problems that will have a huge impact on the local community and be part of a project that will make history? Parsons is now hiring a Senior Utilities Construction Manager who can lead a team of professionals overseeing the construction of major utilities improvement. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your extensive knowledge of various disciplines to be used during construction, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Construction Managers to be versatile and thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all facilities as well as those who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.In this role you manage all on-site field construction activities associated with the completion of a large project. (Typically a project having 2 to 5 million construction manhours or a total installed cost of $100 to $150 million.) We will need you to apply methods and techniques to be utilized for installation. In addition to construction supervision, the incumbent is also responsible for field administration, procurement, and field engineering. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
The Construction Manager will work on behalf of Parsons and the client with responsibilities including:
- Directs the overall planning of construction activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Ensures that the services of subcontractors and major construction equipment required by the project will be available at the appropriate time to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Establishes assignments for Construction Superintendents for various work areas of construction operations, monitoring progress and recommending corrective action as necessary.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends promotions and salary actions.
- Manages the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals. Keeps alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
- Prepares periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients, including formal presentations.
- Ensures effective implementation of all Company and client policies and procedures, including labor relations policies.
- Serves as the primary contact with client representatives, subcontractors, and government representatives for construction-related activities. Maintains strong client and community relations.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 20+ years of experience in field construction is required. Experience in the construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred.
- Requires extensive knowledge of construction-related processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrated effective managerial capability, as well as strong written and oral communications skills.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in a construction-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience).
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!