La Quinta, CA 92253 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 760.848.9244
Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Self-directed and hardworking individual accomplished in providing executive-level support, overseeing and enhancing operations, and providing direction for key business initiatives.
— Key Qualifications —
- Track record of precision, organization, and accuracy in calendar management, data entry, record keeping, meeting planning, budgeting, material / supply purchasing, subcontractor oversight, purchasing, inventory control, and all forms of business correspondence. Solid telephone etiquette.
- Process improvement expert repeatedly successful in analyzing existing workflows, identifying opportunities, and working collaboratively to deliver major gains across process and cost efficiency.
- Valuable background in hospitality industry, delighting guests with superior customer service and catering to the unique needs of celebrities, politicians, and other high-profile clientele.
- Extensive experience in project / operations / and HR management, including policy development, rollout of new products, construction project management; and recruiting and hiring of top-performing staff.
- A dynamic, engaging, and articulate communicator with 10 years’ experience as Training Manager for Starbucks. Versatile, change-adaptive, and productive in challenging and fast-paced environments.
- Competent typist proficient in MS Office Suite, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Constant Contact, Dropbox, Basecamp, social media outlets, Etsy store creation and management, and proprietary hotel software.
Ethereal & Earth – Otherworldly and of this World Creations (Online Etsy Shop)
Owner and Artist, 3/2015 to Present
Manage business operations, product design and creation, product photography, social media marketing, online store management, order fulfillment, and all administrative accounting duties for this provider of unique hand-painted river rock art.
- Increased sales by 50% over the previous year by aggressively utilizing social media strategies (specifically Pinterest & Instagram).
- Instituted and broadly marketed the shop’s “free shipping” policy that has assisted in increasing sales over previous quarter by 75%.
- Maintains a 5 Star customer service review score.
We Care Spa, Inc. / Juice Fasting and Spiritual Retreat – Desert Hot Spring, CA
Executive Assistant & Spa Operations Manager, 7/2009 to 12/2015
Reporting to owner, oversaw daily operations of this hotel and spa providing guests with unique, rejuvenating, and transformative retreats and dietary cleanses. Provided direct oversight of Guest Services, Reservations, Housekeeping, Spa-Therapist Teams, as well as the spa’s innovative Fasting-Education Program.
In tandem, performed a wide array of administrative and HR functions as Executive Assistant. Managed owner and spa calendars. Coordinated interviewing, recruitment, and hiring of staff across all departments and organizational levels. Planned, scheduled, organized, and facilitated management team meetings and new hire orientations. Created and maintained business and personnel files. Processed new hire paperwork. Produced correspondence. Handled payroll budgeting and inventory management.
- Created new spa operational procedures and policies. Spearheaded process improvement efforts to elevate staff performance, and promote seamless operations.
- Continually enhanced and refreshed service menus by creating and deploying new spa treatments tailored to guest needs. Deployed and trained staff on new protocols and procedures.
- Coordinated all communication, brainstorming, team meetings, work sessions, and development / deployment actions in support of the spa’s innovative new nutritional product line. Collaborated in development of various other nutrition programs and lifestyle classes.
- Deployed across Guest Services a new guest relations policy placing greater emphasis on customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Orchestrated logistics and overall direction for major spa construction and remodeling projects, including major landscaping improvements, infrastructure projects, new building constructions, pool work, and other projects. Worked closely with Maintenance Supervisor in determining project timing and scope of work, and in ensuring that crews completed projects within strict budget and time constraints. Ensured minimal disturbance to guests throughout all projects.
- Fortified spa’s impeccable reputation as a favored respite for high-profile guests by maintaining strict client confidentiality and demonstrating strong discretion in the handling of guest information.
Starbuck’s Coffee Company, Inc. – Huntington Beach and Buena Park, CA
Coffeehouse Manager / Training Manager, 5/1999 to 7/2009
Oversaw daily operations of two high-volume drive-thru stores. Directed team of 45 in welcoming and assisting guests in line with company’s high customer service standards. Created staff schedules. Planned, prioritized, and delegated daily tasks. Communicated organizational goals, inventory control, customer service, sales, product quality adherence, and facility cleanliness and maintenance.
- Managed successful opening and startup of two Starbucks locations, including policy and procedure development, hiring and training of staff, and store marketing.
- Grew sales and profits each year, and developed a loyal, repeat customer base by providing best-in-class customer service. Earned “Exceeds Expectations” in annual performance reviews.
- As Training Manager, traveled across locations to instruct staff in Starbucks policies, procedures, and operational workflows. Excelled in providing motivational insight to excite / energize staff.
- Through highly effective staff development, led numerous Baristas in advancing to Shift Supervisors and Assistant Managers to Managers.
- Key contributor in New Product Rollout Team charged with assisting stores in the successful promotion and rollout of new Starbucks products.
- Maintained impeccably neat, orderly, and clean store appearances at all times.
Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education / emphasis in Teaching & Coaching
California State University – Chico