ANDREW A. ARMENTA
10901 Berry Ave, Anaheim, Ca. 92804
To obtain a lead or supervisory position in the Biomedical and/or Clinical Engineering fields.
Experience - Over 25 years of Biomedical Engineering experience.
January 2010 – present with company Southern California Institute of Technology
Position Held: Biomedical Instrumentation & Troubleshooting Instructor - Adjunct
- Responsible for developing the curriculum for the medical device laboratory at the college.
- Teach hands on approach to repairing and providing preventive maintenance on various medical equipment by use of available biomedical test equipment..
- Also teach regulatory agency/standards from The Joint Commission, FDA, DHS, NFPA-99, AAMI, AORN, AABB, CAP, CLIA, FCC and other organizations involved in the hospital Biomedical setting.
March 2007 – present with company Biomedical Services Inc. Anaheim Ca.
Position Held : BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING SITE MANAGER & IABP SPECIALIST (field)
- Provide In-house biomedical engineering coverage of all comprehensive medical equipments by maintaining a service program and by providing effective management of staff to ensure that the services provided are competitive & streamlined to maximize the efficiency of the services without interfering w/ patient care.
- Attended Joint Commission inspections as well as DHS, CAP, CLIA inspections and respective meetings.
- Able to perform technical services related to a variety of medical equipment and functions, including performing Incoming Inspections, installations, preventive maintenance with timeliness & effectiveness of delivery.
- Maintain and establish effective field service program to provide repair and preventive maintenance procedures on the Maquet Intra-artic Balloon Pumps at 8 facilities.
- Managed departmental volunteer program to help gain knowledge to biomedical students entering the field
July 2006 –Feb 2007 with company JANNX Medical Systems Anaheim Ca.
Position Held: BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING REGIONAL MANAGER
- Accountable to the Service Areas through the department managers for the comprehensive medical equipment service program by providing effective management of staff to ensure that the services provided are competitive & streamlined to maximize the efficiency of the services without interfering w/ patient care.
- Perform repairs and PM’s of equipment to 5 medical facilities.
- Insured quality of service & quality measurement issues as they apply to the MEMP.
- Coordinated w/ Biomedical service engineers & Clinical Department Managers to resolve service related issues & ensured timely completion of CM & PM, hazard alerts, & associated functions
- Coordinated w/ input from Biomedical Service engineers to develop efficient, cost effective & regulatory agency approved routine service procedures for all equipment & determine appropriate workload balance
- Evaluated, recommended & managed equipment service contracts both OEM & 3rd party service suppliers
- Coordinated w/ Biomedical staff to provide representation, as needed, on various committees in the service area to facilitate the equipment planning, acquisition, installation, & disposal processes
- Coordinated to insure adequate staff training & development with other Biomedical Site Managers, reviewed staff effectiveness, annual evaluation completions, & assist w/ hiring & termination departmental staff
- Collected, approved and processed Timecards and mileage and expense reports and various other reports.
- Attended all EOC and Equipment sub-committee meetings for 3 facilities and provided EOC Safety, Quarterly Risk Assessment and Performance Improvement reports to all facilities.
Oct 2000 – July 2006 with company Vanguard Health Systems Anaheim Ca.
Position Held: BIOMEDICAL REGIONAL MANAGER /SENIOR BMET III
- Responsible for developing In-House Biomedical Program at 3 facilities. Provided backbone support to Biomedical Engineering staff regarding inventory database programming & training.
- Provided departmental operational training in accordance with Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Provided strong problem solving support to Admin staff & Facilities & Department Managers in 5 facilities.
- Attend all EOC and Sub-committee meetings for 3 hospital facilities.
- Strong JCAHO, CAP, CLIA & DHS survey preparation skills along with attending surveys for 5 medical facilities. Help provide coverage to 5 facilities including repair & PM on all medical equipment.
- Held Senior position to 4 other BMET’s to maintain effective coverage of 3 hospitals & 2 outpatient facilities. (2000-2005).
- Responsible for PM of Heart & Lunch/Machine & Line Isolation monitors.
1998-2000 with company GE Clinical Services Anaheim Ca.
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II
- Provided 3rd party support to hospitals in PM & repair of medical equipment.
- Held Field Service Position to 8 facilities. Attend JCAHO surveys & provide information when asked.
- Inspirational Employee of the Year Award for dedicated service.
1987-1992 with company Datascope Corp. Fullerton Ca.
Position Held: FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II
- Repair & PM of all equipment manufactured by Datascope including Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, defibrillators, anesthesia gas monitoring, ECG, NIBP & Pulse Oximeters.
- $275,000 Service-based Territory (SW Los Angeles).
- Preliminary Service Contract negotiator.
1981-1987 with company Samaritan Health Services Phoenix AZ.
Position Held: CLINICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Performed Cardiac outputs & operated Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps on critically ill patients.
- Performed special projects for Surgeons & Anesthesiologists which included use of animals in research laboratories.
- Inserviced Interns & hospital personnel on use of new equipment & hemodynamic monitoring techniques. Performed repair & PM on dialysis equipment.
1982-1985 Devry Institute of Technology Phoenix, AZ.
* AAS Electronics Engineering Technology.
1995-1998 Cypress & Orange Coast Colleges Orange County Ca.
*Tutored in Math, English, ESL, Oceanography, Music, Political Science
Certifications & Training
* Datascope Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, Panorama Central Station, Passport 2, Spectrum, Gas Module II – Certificate
* B.Braun Infusomat Space Pump - Certificate
* Sarns/Terumo System 7000/8000/9000 Heart & Lung units -Certificate
* ValleyLabs Force FX Series - Certificate
* Zoll M & R Series Defibrillators - Certificate
* Radiology Service Training Institute Phase 1 Certificate
* Radiology Service Training Institute Phase 2 Certificate
* Puritan Bennet 7200 Series Ventilators
* Equipment Servicing & Repair Knowledge
* Performed various needed Biomedical repairs & PM’s on the following:
Medical equipment from HP/ Philips, Carl Zeiss, Karl Storz, Olympus, Stryker Endoscopy, Datascope, Datex Ohmeda,
Marquette, Quinton, Spacelabs, Baxter, Siemens, Acuson, Ivac, Welch Allyn, Medtronic Physio Control, Critikon, G.E.,
Puritan Bennet, Respironics and other OEM devices.
* PM & Repair of Line Isolation Monitors
* Performed various repairs on the following radiology equipment:
Some G.E. Advantx repairs, Some G.E. & Marconi (Phillips) General Rad Room repairs, Biodex Thyroid Uptake Unit
repair & Preventive maintenance, Accuson Sequoia & 128XP Ultrasound repairs, GE Mac Lab Control Room Computers
(Cath Lab), Collimators, densitometers & misc radiology equipment
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST